- Hits: 13
FROME TRIATHLON CLUB
The Frome Triathlon Club FTC shall be known as Frome Triathlon Club (referred to hereafter as the “FTC”)
- AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the FTC are:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in triathlon, duathlon and other multi-sport activities;
- To promote the Club within the vicinity of Frome and within the triathlon community in the South West;
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the Club;
- To provide its services and opportunities fairly and equitably;
- To promote inclusion and widen participation in triathlon, duathlon and other multi-sport
- The FTC is a not for profit organisation and all fees/donations enable the club to continue to offer the advertised training sessions, with coaches and life guards in attendance. Further information about Community Amateur Sports Club Declaration, is available from the HMRC website.
- The club is affiliated to the British Triathlon Federation.
- OFFICERS OF THE CLUB
- The Officers of the FTC will be:
- Membership Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Lead Coach
- Race Coordinator
- Kit Coordinator
- Publicity Coordinator
- Tri-stars Coordinator
- Welfare Officer
- Membership Representatives
- At least two of the Officers must be members of the British Triathlon Federation.
- The Chair, Secretary and Treasurer will be up for re-election after two years in office. On the third year they will have to re-stand for election and then on an annual basis. All other FTC officers are eligible for re-election on completion of their term of office. All members of the Executive Committee shall have a single vote, and equal voting rights.
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- The Executive Committee will meet monthly and consist of the following Officers:
- Membership Coordinator
- Website Coordinator
- Tri-stars Coordinator
- A quorum shall be three members of the Executive Committee of which at least two shall be Principal Officers, and at least one of the quorum must be a member of the British Triathlon Federation.
- MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- The Club will be managed through the Management Committee, consisting of all officers of the Club. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee. Individuals may only have one vote each, regardless of the number of posts they hold.
- The Management Committee will be convened by the Secretary of the Club bi-monthly. There will be no less than 6 meetings per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be a minimum of 3 from the Executive Committee and 2 from the Management Committee. Votes will be from those present at the meeting.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of conduct and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Committee as necessary to fulfil its business.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the Club rules, regulations and constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
- The Management Committee will appoint a Lead Coach and a Welfare Officer from appropriately qualified individuals each year.
- Membership will consist of officers and members of the Club.
- All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the Club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of conduct.
- The following classes of membership are open to any individual after the completion and acceptance by FTC of an application form and payment of the appropriate subscription. Individual membership maybe withdrawn by FTC for non-compliance with the constitution, or bringing the sport, or the FTC, into disrepute, at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Individual Senior Membership
An individual senior member has full voting rights, and may participate in FTC closed activities.
Individual Senior Social Membership
An individual senior social member has no voting rights, but may participate in FTC closed activities.
Individual Junior Membership
An individual junior member has no voting rights, but may participate in FTC closed activities, subject to appropriate welfare arrangements.
Honorary membership maybe awarded by the Executive Committee to a member or other individuals who have made a significant contribution to the development of the FTC. An Honorary member has the same rights as an individual senior member.
- It is the responsibility of the members to keep the Secretary of the FTC informed of any changes to their contact details. It will be assumed that the delivery of any official notices, or other communications, have been completed within 5 days of dispatch to the email, phone, text or postal address held by the Secretary of the FTC at the time of dispatch.
- MEMBERSHIP FEES
- The Management Committee will set the annual joining and membership fees annually. They will be announced by 1st January. The membership year will run 1st February to 31st January. Fees are collected automatically when subscriptions are renewed.
- The administration of the FTC shall be carried out by the Executive Committee, and this Committee is authorised to enter into such financial agreements, on behalf of the FTC, as are necessary to ensure the efficient management of the FTC administrative business. All decisions by the Executive Committee must be a majority decision.
- All club monies will be banked in accounts held in the name of the Club.
- The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the Club.
- The financial year of the Club will end on 31 March.
- An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at
- the Annual General Meeting.
- Any cheques drawn against Club funds should hold the signatures of the
- Treasurer plus another officer.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days' notice will be given to all members.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and statement of the audited accounts.
- Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Election of officers is to take place at the AGM.
- All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be 10% of membership.
- The members have the right to request Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM via the FTC Secretary. The Secretary will advertise the request to the members and require 33% of current paid up members to respond positively within 14 days. An EGM will then be arranged within 30 days of the vote.
- If an FTC Officer steps down during the term of their office, the Executive Committee have the right to appoint a replacement on a temporary basis until the next AGM.
- DISCIPLINE & APPEALS
- All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be submitted in writing to the Secretary.
- The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 21 days of a complaint being lodged. The Committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
- The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 14 days of the hearing.
- There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The Committee should consider the appeal within 21 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
- RUNNING OF EVENTS
- The Executive Committee will ensure that for any events run by the FTC under the rules of the British Triathlon Federation, a race organisers licence and race sanction form have been completed and counter-signed by the regional official of the British Triathlon Federation and returned to them with the appropriate fee.
- All triathlon and duathlon events run by the FTC must be covered by Public Liability Insurance acceptable to the British Triathlon Federation. This can be a policy provided by the British Triathlon Federation and included in their sanction fee.
- All events run in the name of the FTC must be primarily for the benefit of the FTC and its members, unless run for the solely for charitable purposes, and all revenue for all events must be directed through the FTC.
- Age categories for all events shall be determined by the age as at 31st December of the year in which the event takes place.
- All requirements of the British Triathlon Federation must be adhered to, in the planning, organising and running of any triathlon or duathlon events. Reference should always be made to the British Triathlon Federation Competition Rules and the Constitution of the British Triathlon Federation.
- A resolution to dissolve the Club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
- In the event of dissolution, any assets of the Club that remain will become the property of the British Triathlon Federation.
- AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
- The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
- The Club (FROME TRIATHLON CLUB) hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.